Thursday 28 March 2013

Welcome to Aquila Galactica!

Hello all, and welcome to the first (hopefully of many) post on Aquila Galactica!

As this is the first post, I think that an introduction may be in order. I've been a 'serious' Warhammer 40,000 player for about 2 years now, but casually collected models for a couple of years before that. The armies that I play are primarily Chaos Space Marines and Dark Angels, and I have medium-sized collections of both. I'm an avid (and some might say proficient) converter, though my painting has... room for improvement, if we're being kind.

Anyway, enough about me, I'm sure people want to see some models, having come to a 40k blog and all.
I'll start with my Deathwing Terminators (from my custom Chapter, the Brotherhood of Unity). These should give you some idea of how I can paint when I try really really hard (and there's a conversion in there!).
                                            The Deathwing Sergeant.
           A basic Deathwing Terminator, and the assault cannon trooper based on the same model.


  
                               2 Chainfist-equipped Terminators
The full Deathwing Terminator squad (a modified Dark Vengeance squad).

Now, something from the darker fringes of the galaxy. This is my converted Noise Champion with a Doom Siren and Chainaxe, along with his squad.
 The Noise Champion himself. 
Right: A closer-up back view, showing the Doom Siren and cabling.
The full Noise Marines squad.

It may or may not surprise you to learn that there are some Khorne Berserker parts in there (some of you have probably already noticed the head swap). I felt that some the 'spikier' shoulder pads would work well in a squad devoted to the extremes of everything.
Just in case anyone was wondering, the Doom Siren is actually made out of real speaker parts. It's composed of 2 speaker caps from a pair of broken headphones, green-stuffed onto the Chaos personal icon. The cable linking to the backpack is also green stuff.

Well, that's the first post out of the way. Comments and discussion are welcome!

If you feel so inclined, do share on social networks! A Facebook page and twitter feed are in the works for all interested! 

1 comment:

  1. I really like your use of white paint on mask features of your Terminators. It reminds me of an effect I used to see in my old Judge Dredd stories of 2000AD to enhance the prominent features. Nice job. (Might try it myself when I get round to painting them!!)

    ReplyDelete